Recently updated on January 9th, 2023 at 11:08 am
Developing the perfect Brand Name
The importance of developing a good brand name is often overlooked. Getting it right the first time can save you much distress, time and money. At Spark our suite of branding services deal with brands at a holistic level and our brand naming program is a vital component of this. Our unique naming methodology will get your business on the right track the first time.
Easy to Read
Brand & Trademark
End to End Brand Development Services
At Spark we have a comprehensive range of branding services. The logical next step from the brand naming service is our brand strategy. The brand strategy deals with two important aspects of the brand: firstly the visual aspects and secondly the communication messaging or the personality of the brand.
Remember the core difference of our products is that they are complete and end to end solutions so you are never left stranded. Spark is always here to help with your next step.
To turn your business into a brand your customers admire and trust.
Talk to Spark,
your marketing agency.
Listen to our client stories…
Watch Roslyn’s Story
Recently updated on September 16th, 2021 at 04:57 pm
“It was clear from the beginning that they were a good match for us”.
Watch Steven’s Story
Recently updated on September 16th, 2021 at 04:56 pm
“It would take a lot to change our minds and think outside of Spark.”
Branding Naming FAQs
Your business needs a brand naming strategy, especially if you are looking to have an online presence. There are many pitfalls you can fall into, but we recommend you consider the following brand naming guidelines to avoid them:
- Make it is easy to say and easy to spell
- Make sure it is not similar to any of your competitors’ branding
- Check that it is not offensive, in any language
- Don’t make it too niche. Try to create something that will make sense once your company expands.
The brand naming process starts with setting out clear objectives for what you want your brand to communicate, before you’ve even started brainstorming ideas. You need to identify the core image your company wants to project, only then can you begin a brand naming workshop.
Settle on a few options and test them out. Use persona testing, word association, and comparisons to competitors to see if the brand name you’ve come up with aligns with your objectives. Finally, make sure that you can trademark it! It’s always worth checking that a business name isn’t already in use.
There is no single best branding and naming strategy, but there are a lot of options that have been proven to work! Consider these brand naming techniques:
- Look internally – leverage names of founders or recognisable assets
- Adopt an existing name – Ajax, Nike, Pandora; big companies have shown that you can draw from history and mythology.
- Make it up – using a completely untranslatable word can really strike your audience; it’s why we say Google instead of search today.
- Combine – try a compound of two words that represent your service, like PayPal or SnapChat.