Spark is a digital marketing agency based in Surry Hills. As one of Sydney’s leading agencies, we provide comprehensive end-to-end brand, web and search solutions for companies, organisations and government.
We are looking to fill a key role in our Sales and Marketing team. As an experienced Business Development Manager you will drive new business growth and nurture existing relationships through consultative sales. In return, we are offering an $70K – $90K base salary plus generous commission.
If you have a solid B2B sales track record having achieved sales targets with consistent performance, and the agility to quickly embrace current technology concepts, then this opportunity is for you.
We believe in work life balance and offer flexible work arrangements to suit family and personal commitments. As a friendly, supportive team we collaborate well, work within systematic processes and take pride in our positive work culture.
In this permanent role you will work closely with our Marketing team. Together you will be responsible for driving sales outcomes from marketing campaigns. You will be supported with marketing resources while at the same time your contribution to finesse processes will be highly regarded and in line with our value of Excellence.
You will be required to cultivate new business leads, meet sales targets and manage a sales pipeline. Working alongside our Marketing Engagement Specialists you will create new opportunities with existing clients. This job is for a go-getting self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills plus a genuine desire to assist businesses in the achievement of their goals. You should have proven experience of initiating and nurturing client relationships.
This role will require a thorough understanding of digital marketing principles with a sound knowledge of the overall company strategy and objectives to ensure commercial success and business growth.
Managing customer relationships with companies and government agencies in leading growth initiatives and the associated implementation of new contracts.
- Set strategies, working closely with the Marketing team to identify new potential leads.
- Active client engagement to create new opportunities.
- Manage and resolve business and people issues.
- Create tailored presentations that identify and meet prospects’ needs.
- Prospect for new business within our clearly defined target market.
- Generate customised proposals tailored to client needs.
- Monitor First Call status: Monitor calls/e-mail queues to ensure prompt client contact.
- Work within a team selling environment with all internal stakeholders (digital marketing, finance, and design service departments) and ensure all opportunities are leveraged to maximum effect.
- Follow the prescribed systems and protocols.
- Ad hoc administration duties.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years of B2B sales experience with a proven track record.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in sales management platforms such as Pipedrive or Salesforce.
- Strong written skills – correspondence, documentation and presentations.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Marketing background/experience will be beneficial especially in digital.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and processes.
- The ability to work effectively across all levels within an organisation.
- Have a focus on continuous improvement, with a strong desire to analyse, investigate
and resolve issues.
- Critical thinking mindset with a proactive initiative to maximise growth opportunities for the business.
- Proficient in the full Microsoft suite (Excel, PPT, Word, Outlook) and G-Suite (Sheets, Slides, Docs).
- A demonstrated active network of industry contacts and other key stakeholders will be beneficial.
HOW TO APPLY:
Think you can make a difference? Please submit your CV with a cover letter incorporating a short statement about what value you can bring to Spark Interact. This requirement is essential for your application to be considered.