Recently updated on August 18th, 2023 at 10:00 am
This page is Better Bigger Faster
Writing good content is one thing, but drawing the reader’s eye to the page is a whole other challenge. While changing up font styles and colours is a good start, nothing makes your copy come more to life than animated text.
Images and videos are important for bringing visitors into your site. They provide excellent overviews for what readers can expect. But, if you want to keep hold of their attention span below the fold, animated text is an invaluable tool.
Benefits of using animated text
Most people that browse a page don’t read every word they see – they skim through the content. Usually, they’re only looking for words or phrases that directly answer their questions. However, the eye almost involuntarily tracks moving objects, and you can use that to help visitors better navigate your site. By using animated text, you can highlight the answers you want your audience to see. This gets your message found faster and offers a smoother user experience.
Convincing a reader to take action is all about engagement. Whether you want your audience to follow a link or fill out a form, you need to hold their attention long enough to allow consideration to blossom into conversion. Animated text is great at achieving this. It complements other visuals on your page, creating a trail of stimuli that leads straight towards your Calls to Action.
Emphasis improves readability. Readers can get lost in long paragraphs without font design and text animation to anchor them. Key points can be drawn out through animation, helping readers with differing amounts of time, literacy, and patience to get more out of your content.
Creating animated text on WordPress
Luckily, animating text in WordPress is easy to do. One of the best ways to create animated text on WordPress is with Qi Addons for Elementor.
Qode Interactive, one of the bestselling premium WordPress theme authors, has developed a library of flexible Elementor widgets for all users. The free version includes 60 custom widgets for Elementor – including the Animated Text widget. This tool is user friendly and has many options to customise your text animations, making creating captivating content an absolute breeze.
Using the Animated Text widget
Before using the Animated Text widget, you will need to have Elementor installed and activated on your website. There is no need to purchase the paid Pro version, since Qi Addons is included in the free version of Elementor.
Once you have everything installed, you can jump right into creating animated text:
- Double-check Qi Addons for Elementor is listed as ‘active’. You can do this by going to the Plugins tab in your WordPress admin screen.
- Go to Elementor > Elements panel and search for ‘Animated Text’ to bring up the widget.
- Drag the widget to a section on the page you want to edit. The default section layout is single-column, but you can also add it to a multi-column section depending on your web design.
- A Content tab will open in the General options section. Here you can add the widget’s default text and add words, phrases, or sentences that you want to animate.
- Go to the Appear Animation section to customise the movement of the text. Here you can customise the type, direction, and duration of the animation.
- To add style to the animated text, go to the addon’s Style tab next to the Content tab. Here you can change the Alignment, Title Tag, Title Colour, Title Typography, and Title Padding.
And that’s it! There’s plenty of freedom to experiment with different kinds of text animations, so you should have no trouble finding something with a suitable style.
Use the right tools
It’s always best to use an easy-to-use, efficient tool to save time. Qi Addons for Elementor is an excellent tool for this, but you can use whichever WordPress plugin you’re most comfortable with. What’s important is how gracefully your animations play out, so you can create a page that has all of the attention grabbing benefits of animated text, without being too busy or hard to navigate.