Recently updated on October 13th, 2023 at 03:18 pm
You may be reevaluating your current web design or looking for a new Sydney web design.
The web design process is a complicated one, it amasses content writing, branding, photography, graphic design, usability and more. A web design checklist can make this process easier for you and your web designer.
A web design is much more than a creative process, but a business device used to achieve your business objectives. Therefore, your web design must attract, engage and encourage your visitors to take an intended action. This checklist will break down each component revealing the best review process so you can feel more confident that your feedback to your web designer will be flawlessly executed, just like you envisioned.
Start with avoiding vague feedback such as ‘add some flare’ or ‘make it pop’, it’s ideal to be specific and direct, as unclear feedback will delay the design process with your web design company which is time inefficient. Regardless of if your direct and honest feedback might be negative, web designers understand the client’s needs is the highest priority and will not take any feedback personally. This will also prevent reediting to get the result you wanted initially.
Does the web design accurately express your brand and message? Preferably, this problem would have been resolved in the initial design phase before web development, but occasionally, images and other small parts may misalign with your company’s brand. When you’re reviewing the web design pay attention to every little detail, including spacing to ensure it’s the same as your initial vision. For instance, text breaking or a picture being misplaced.
- The layout across all pages are consistent
- The spacing between texts and images are even
- The text fonts are the same across different browsers
Your web design functionality is very important. Are all the buttons functioning well? We conduct detailed testing of all buttons and menus before publishing the website.
- Videos are playing
- The web design loads fast – some web designs may be the exception, as many videos & photo heavy websites during the development phase, but when the site is published the speed grew much faster.
- Ensure emails come through the contact form
- Buttons can click through to its intended link
Our web design work is always consistently optimised for mobile, although it’s always good to do a personal check with your own mobile device. Here at Spark Interact, we have an entire spectrum of devices to test our clients web design on before the website goes live. Such as Mac & Windows PC, Android and IOS smartphones and tablets.
- The menu works correctly – links can be opened to the right menu
- All the buttons function properly
- Emails send through via all forms
Thoroughly review the web design content, particularly if your web design company wrote the content for you. Confirm if industry-unique terms such as abbreviations and unique information about your products or services are defined & spelled correctly. When reviewing the content check:
- The flow of content works. Would a person who hasn’t heard of your industry be able to understand your content?
Engage the Team
Engaging your team in the review process can allow you and your web designer to gain more insightful feedback. It is also crucial for the CEO to be involved to prevent disapproval in the final stages of the web design, if this happens, your web designer will have to start from the beginning, and this wastes time for everyone involved.
- Create a meeting with the team members whose feedback could help
- Allow your team to do a review of the web design and voice their concerns in meeting
- During the meeting:
- Review each page
- When there is contradictory feedback, determine together what decision to make
- Collect all feedback to be merged into one document for your web designers to implement
The web design process is undoubtedly a large task; however, we hope this definitive checklist will make the process run more smoothly. Although, due to the large scope of launching a website, it may be worthwhile to engage a local web design agency for effective communication. If you’re looking for a professional Sydney web design, feel free to get in touch with us here.